Read Across America
“Today you are YOU! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is YOU-er than YOU!” ~ Dr. Seuss
Read Across America is a day held to encourage children, parents, nannies and teachers celebrate the joy of reading. This fun holiday began in 1998 and has been observed every year on Dr. Seuss’ birthday! Here are some fun fan-seussical activities to do with kids:
- Visit the library and check out a few of Dr. Seuss classics. We especially love Green Eggs and Ham, Hop on Pop, Wacky Wednesday and Ten Apples Up on Top.
- Check out story time at Barnes & Noble or your local book store.
- Sit back, relax and read with your kids while enjoying the magic that comes from reading.
- Lots of Dr. Seuss online games at seussville.com
- Dr. Seuss mathing game, order it here.
- Watch some of Dr. Seuss’ entertaining movies, such as: Horton Hears a Who, Cat in the Hat, The Grinch and The Lorax.
- How cute are these Truffula Tree Cupcakes from the story The Lorax.
- These are the perfect snacks for any Dr. Seuss party!
- Of course you can’t go wrong with the traditional Green Eggs & Ham. Check out this dye-free recipe.
We hope you’ll enjoy Oh, the Places You’ll Go!