February 17th is Random Acts of Kindness Day
Caring Nannies is celebrating Random Acts of Kindness Day on February 17th! Random Acts of Kindness Day began in 1982 and means “a selfless act performed by kind people to either help or cheer up a random stranger, for no reason other than to make people happier”. The holiday has grown over the years as organizations, groups and individuals are celebrating!
We understand that everyone is busy with day to day life, but let’s take a few minutes of this holiday to do something for someone else to make their day better. It can make a huge difference.
We hope these acts of kindness ideas are helpful to you, so we can spread joy to others.
- Compliment a stranger.
- Make dinner for a family in need
- Leave spare change at the laundromat
- Pay for someone’s morning coffee
- Donate canned goods to your local food bank.
- Do a 5k for a good cause
- Participate in a fundraiser
- Go in for a hair cut and donate to Locks of Love.
- Spare a dollar or two for someone who is in need.
- Send care packages for soldiers overseas
- Help a neighbor (water their plants, mow their lawn)
- Volunteer at school, shelters, events
- Donate clothing/items at Salvation Army
- Babysit for free
- Hold open the doors for people
- Help tutor a struggling student
- Wash someone’s car
- Buy groceries for the person behind you
- Take the time to listen to someone
- Be kind to yourself
How are you going to celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Day?
You must be logged in to post a comment.