How Does Your Nanny Salary and Benefits Package Compare With The National Average?
This is a good time for our families to compare their nanny salary and benefits package to the national average.
- Half of nannies are paid hourly, one third are paid weekly
- The average hourly wage is $17.44 and the median is $16
- 36% of nannies are not compensated for overtime
- Only 10% of nannies are live-in.
- 71% of nannies have some college education
- 66% of nannies get paid holidays
- 64% of nannies get paid vacation (89% get two weeks)
- 13% of nannies get no benefits
- The average holiday bonus was $324
Aspects of nanny job
- 72% of nannies get paid when employer does not need them
- 11% of nannies care for special needs children
- 76% of nannies have been with their current employer more than three years
- 79% of nannies work for couples where both parents are working
- 66% of employers withhold federal taxes
- 3% of nannies are paid through a payroll service
- 66% of nannies say they earn more than they did in 2008
Click here to see the entire survey